Skip to Content

Leave your super in the right hands

Update your beneficiaries

What happens to your super when you die? Keeping beneficiary nomination up to date helps ensure your super benefits* go to the right people and may reduce the time it takes for them to access your super.

Choose from two types of nomination


Binding nomination

Provided your binding nomination is valid, we're legally bound to pay out your benefit* according to your instructions.

  • This non-lapsing nomination will remain in place until you provide a new nomination.
  • Requires two witness signatures.

To make a binding nomination, complete the form below and mail or email it back to us.

  Download the beneficiary nomination form (PDF, 400KB)



Non-binding nomination

A non-binding nomination tells us your preference as to who should receive your super benefits*. We'll take it into consideration, along with your personal circumstances at the time of your death, when deciding who your benefit should be paid out to.

  • This nomination will remain in place until you provide a new nomination.
  • Requires no witness signatures.

To make a non-binding nomination, log in to update your beneficiaries.

The important people in your life may change, for instance when you get married, have children or other life-changing events. It's good practice to regularly check your beneficiary nomination, at least every year, to make sure it reflects your personal circumstances and remains valid.


Important information

*Depending on the products you hold, the benefit payable could include your super, your pension, or any life insurance linked to your super.

The information on this web page is of a general nature only and has been prepared by the Trustee without taking into account your objectives, financial circumstances or needs. Before acting on any of this information, you should consider whether it is appropriate to your objectives, financial circumstances and needs, and seek appropriate professional advice. You should not rely on this information to determine your personal tax obligations, please consult a registered tax agent for this purpose.