Before you consolidate your super
There are a few things you should consider.
- Weigh up the benefits and features of your other super funds against your chosen MLC super account.
- Check the tax implications and see if your tax and preservation components will be impacted. Speak to your financial adviser for further information.
- Compare the fees of your funds.
- Don’t forget your insurance and make sure that your chosen MLC super account will provide you with the appropriate cover to replace any cancellation of insurance cover1 that will occur by consolidating your account(s). If you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition, consider whether you will be eligible for the same level of cover if you cancel your existing insurance policy.
- If you intend to claim a tax deduction for certain personal contributions made into your other fund, ensure your ‘Notice of intent to claim a deduction for personal contributions’ is made and is acknowledged by that fund2.
1 Appropriate insurance can include level and types of cover as well as policy terms.
2 For more information about eligibility and/or to obtain this form please visit www.ato.gov.au
This information has been prepared by NULIS Nominees Australia Limited ('NULIS') ABN 80 008 515 633 AFSL 236465. The information on this web page is of a general nature only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial circumstances or needs. Before acting on any of this information, you should consider whether it is appropriate to your objectives, financial circumstances and needs, and seek appropriate professional advice. You should not rely on this information to determine your personal tax obligations, please consult a registered tax agent for this purpose.