Skip to Content

Building your super balance

Smart ways to boost your super savings

Login  to make an after-tax contribution, or download and complete the contributions form.

Get a Government top up to your super contributions.

What is the Government’s co-contribution to super?

To help Australians reach their retirement goals, the Government may contribute up to a maximum of $500 to the super accounts of people who meet certain criteria.

Are you eligible for the Government co-contribution?

  • Your income is less than $51,021*
  • At least 10% of your income is from eligible employment or carrying on a business
  • You make personal after-tax contributions to your super account during the financial year
  • You lodge an income tax return for the financial year
  • You're under age 71 at the end of the financial year that the personal super contribution is made
  • You're not a temporary resident

*For the 2016/17 financial year

How much you’ll receive from the Government


How the Government co-contribution is paid

It’s important to make your contribution(s) before the 30th of June if you wish to take advantage of this initiative. You need to allow enough processing time so that you don’t miss out.

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will calculate if you’re eligible for a co-contribution when they assess your tax return. If you’re eligible, the amount you are owed will be calculated and paid directly into your super account. You don’t have to do anything else.

Important Information
Personal after-tax contributions are called non-concessional contributions (NCC). A cap applies to the amount on NCCs that you can contribute to superannuation. If you exceed the cap, significant tax penalties apply. Further information is available by visiting the ATO website. If you are considering non-concessional (after-tax) contributions we recommend you speak to a financial adviser.

Easy ways to add to your super

You can make a one off contribution or set up regular after-tax contributions via:

  • BPay
  • Cheque
  • Credit card
  • Direct debit
  • Via payroll
  • Via your super fund or a clearing house

Login  to make an after-tax contribution, or download and complete the contributions form.