Removal of MLC Wrap and MLC Navigator Superannuation Contributions Statement
We’re always looking for ways to improve the way we communicate to you. One way we’re doing this is looking at either what we can stop sending to you or see where we can combine information to reduce the amount of communications being received.
So going forward, we’ll stop sending the Super Contributions Statement as a standalone communication, as this information is already provided in your annual statement in the Contribution and withdrawals section.
Your financial adviser can also access details of the contributions you’ve received over a specified period.
Claiming a tax deduction
If you’re intending to claim a tax deduction for all or part of your personal contributions, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Speak to your financial adviser or registered tax agent.
- Download and complete the Notice of Intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions form at ato.gov.au or mlc.com.au/forms_and_brochures
- Send the completed Notice of Intent to us.
- Keep the acknowledgement (sent by us) with your tax records to support your claim for a tax deduction.
These steps must be completed before the earlier of:
- starting a pension with some or all of your super account balance
- rolling over some or all of your super account balance, or
- lodging your 2020/2021 tax return, and
- no later than 30 June 2022.
If you’re not intending to claim a tax deduction, you don’t need to do anything.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions, please speak with your financial adviser or call us on 132 652 between 8am and 6pm (AEST/AEDT), Monday to Friday.