October economic update
By Brian Parker
Head of Portfolio Specialists Group, MLC
3 October 2014
In the latest update, Brian reviews events in markets during September.
- why it was generally a disappointing month for share market investors
- how a range of geopolitical concerns continued to unsettle markets
- why the European Central Bank took further steps to boost eurozone growth
- why Australia’s economic environment remains uncertain, despite signs of improvement in the non-mining economy, and
- which positions in MLC’s multi-asset portfolios added significant value during the month.
Watch the October update video.
View each section of the video:
- How did markets perform in September?
- What were the key factors driving global markets?
- What about developments in Australia?
- How are MLC’s portfolios positioned?
This video is also available on the MLC YouTube channel.