Invest in MLC mFunds
What is an mFund?
An mFund product (mFund) is an unlisted managed fund admitted for settlement under the ASX Operating Rules and available to investors through the mFund Settlement Service. The ASX rule framework supports the mFund Settlement Service by ensuring all parties, including stockbrokers, product issuers and unit registrars, are accountable for their roles and responsibilities. This rule framework underpins the high level of standards expected of services delivered by ASX.
What is the mFund Settlement Service?
The mFund Settlement Service enables you to buy and sell units in the MLC Inflation Plus portfolios through a process similar to buying and selling shares.
You can easily buy (apply for) and sell (redeem) units in these unlisted managed funds via a participating broker and the transactions are settled using CHESS, ASX’s world-class electronic settlement system. Your holdings in these funds are held electronically and can be linked to the same Holder Identification Number (HIN) used to hold other investments transacted through ASX.
This means you can track your investments in these funds using the same systems you use for shares and other securities. So now it’s faster and more convenient than ever before to diversify your portfolio.
Benefits of investing through the mFund Settlement Service
- Access to a broad range of unlisted managed funds through a central hub and a participating stockbroker or adviser relationship.
- Easier transaction and administration of unlisted managed fund investments, including the ability to use an existing stockbroking account to access unlisted managed funds.
- More-timely access to a wider range of information about unlisted managed funds, including unit prices and related announcements.
- Same high level of settlement certainty investors enjoy with shares.
- Easier to change between unlisted managed fund investments.
MLC’s mFunds available through the mFund Settlement Service
MLC Wholesale Inflation Plus – Conservative Portfolio (MLC01)
MLC Wholesale Inflation Plus – Moderate Portfolio (MLC02)
MLC Wholesale Inflation Plus – Assertive Portfolio (MLC03)
How to invest in the mFund Settlement Service
- Research the mFund Settlement Service and unlisted managed funds available through this service.
- Contact a participating broker, which can be either a full service or online broker such as nabtrade. Click here to see the list of available brokers on the mFund website.
- Read the relevant fund’s Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the chosen unlisted managed fund and the accompanying Product Guide including other relevant managed fund summaries and reports.
- Instruct your broker with a buy or sell order and make payment for new units in the chosen MLC unlisted managed fund.
- Once your transaction is complete, an mFund confirmation and CHESS statement will be sent to you.
By using CHESS, orders for units are sent electronically, this enables progress of orders to be monitored, and at settlement for unit balances to be recorded on your HIN alongside other investments; providing greater transparency over your holdings.
Find out more about mFunds