At a glance
- want to gear a portfolio of growth assets (primarily shares) but don’t want the burden of obtaining and managing your own loan,
- want to rely largely on the market for returns,
- want long-term capital growth,
- expect growth in the assets' value to exceed the costs of gearing, and
- are comfortable with the risks of gearing, including extra volatility and increased risk of capital loss.
The portfolio aims to provide a return higher than its benchmark (before fees and tax) over 5 year periods. It aims to achieve this return while keeping volatility (movements up and down in value) at levels similar to the benchmark.